Web inspection provides real-time analysis across the full width of the wire to record and classify defects. Detailed reel maps are produced for review and to provide operators with a report on the nature of the defects and the overall product quality coming off the machine. Integration with the WMS cameras allows defect locations to be quickly found so the root cause can be identified and the problem corrected. For a more detailed look at how TotalVision can improve efficiency in the papermaking process please download our report Improving papermaking and coating effiency with web inspection cameras
The operator station monitors display the WIS camera views (left) and the reel map indicating the position of any defects in the
finished roll of paper. During the unwind, sections containing defects can be removed and marked.
WebInspector, Arctic Paper, Grycksbo
In addition to new web inspection installations, Papertech can also upgrade existing systems with TotalVision components regardless of manufacturer. This upgrade at Arctic Paper Grycksbo in Sweden employs and TotalVision LED beam under the sheet for transmission lighting. The overhead camera beam was refitted with Allied Vision cameras to complete the upgrade (inset). For more information on this project, please refer to our press release.
Papertech first introduced the wet end web inspection in 2008. WebInspector systems include a dedicated software package, and can be installed as an inspection only system or sychronized with a WMS (web monitoring system) operating with WebVision. Together, they make up TotalVision, a complete defect and break detection solution. WebInspector includes many of the same features as a WMS including:
- Same unified TotalVision™ platform: Both non-proprietary processors and cameras use the same components and database resulting in a truly unified architecture, needing less training, less maintenance, less spares.
- The lower cost solution: Primary design objective is for the least number of components and software features required for the system. All operate under the same unified TotalVision™ architecture.
- Superior GigE matrix cameras & synchronization: Most widely used high speed & high resolution GigE digital matrix cameras provide superior defect image quality and offer a range of image size and speed designs to suit each WIS application.
- Optimized lighting: A range of high-efficiency, LED lighting solutions that include WebLED28 or WebStrip units across the beam, or a custom length LED beam. All of our LED lighting uses the same pulsed output for cooling and energy efficiency.
- Camera lens cleaning: CleanRing™ proven lens air cleaning. Fordifficult wet-end & tissue applications, patented EverClean™ lens cleaning ensures web inspection performance is not compromised.
- Simple installation: Custom camera beam available with reflective and/or transmission lighting options (right). For installations no camera beam is required resulting in reduced space requirement, less components, and easier component access. GigE transmission with direct Cat cabling, power to cameras & lights direct 100 to 270VAC with no need for junction boxes.