Careers with Papertech
Since its establishment in 1996, Papertech has been dedicated to developing cutting-edge camera vision systems tailored for web, paper, pulp, and steel-based production lines. With an extensive global presence and numerous installations, our TotalVision video event capture and WebInspection software offer rapid and efficient solutions for a wide array of production line challenges. As a result, our customers experience heightened line efficiency and reduced costs.
Papertech prides itself on being a dynamic and thriving company, comprised of a team that is experienced, enthusiastic, and driven. If you are seeking a stimulating career, a fantastic work environment, and the opportunity to make a significant impact through pioneering innovations, you have come to the right place. We provide competitive salary packages, comprehensive benefits, profit sharing options, a comfortable workplace, and the unique advantage of participating in our growth.
In 2016, Papertech joined forces with the IBS Paper Performance Group, a globally renowned leader in the equipment, supply, manufacturing, and engineering sectors of the paper and pulp industry. This collaboration further solidifies our position as industry frontrunners.
Service Technician (m/f/d) – North Vancouver in Beautiful British Columbia/Canada
As a Service Technician, you will represent Papertech as the on-site expert. You will work individually or with a small team to conduct the installation, servicing, troubleshooting and repair of camera vision systems for production lines. Your goal is to optimize the efficiency of the systems within the facilities and make recommendations on system improvements.
- On-site installation, maintenance, repair and optimization of equipment to ensure proper documentation of all related processes.
- Calibration of Papertech’s software to match customer’s needs.
- Diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions to produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Collaborate with the technical team and share information across the organization to build positive relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Provide complete sales & service support for all Web Vision, Weblnspector, and TotalVision applications.
- One or more years work experience in servicing camera vision systems
- Driving license
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed to meet deadlines and company goals.
Nice to have
- strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish effective working relationships.
- Independent and self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Effective in managing multiple priorities, organizing workload and meeting deadlines.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Excellent work ethic and collaboration skills.
- Eager to learn innovative technologies.
- Ability to teach technical topics to colleagues.
North Vancouver in Beautiful British Columbia/Canada