Training Update: August 9-17
Our training session scheduled for October 3 – 5, 2017 in North Vancouver, has been postponed. Unfortunately these dates coincided with our move to new company headquarters and production facilities. It was decided that it would be difficult to devote our attention to customer training during this transition. New dates will be sent out later in the fall. Thank you for your understanding.
TotalVision™ Advanced Operator Training
The TotalVision Advanced Operator Training course is a hands-on, practical three-day course offered by Papertech. It is specifically designed to transfer expertise, competence and confidence into the hands of the customer designated training participants.
To ensure this occurs, we use a combination of mini-lectures, group discussions, Q&A sessions and case studies; along with 14 labs ranging in duration from 20 minutes to two hours.
The The TotalVision Advanced Operator Training course is offered twice a year in the spring and the fall. If you have missed the course and would like to participate in the next session, please contact us any time. On-site training is also available year round and can be customized to suit your needs.
Purpose of the TotalVision™ Advanced Operator Training
The purpose of our training is to increase trainee competence and confidence in maximizing the operational effectiveness of WebVision.
On completion of the training program, participants will be able to maximize the performance of their mill’s TotalVision™ system, and through its ongoing use:
- Reduce the number of paper breaks
- Reduce the number of unidentified paper breaks
- Reduce the mill service costs associated with breaks
- Hardware self evaluation (Quiz)
- Hardware: Examine contents from cabinets, to cameras, lights and cables etc.
- Cameras, Lights and lenses: How they work and work together (Analog and Digital)
- Software – Introduction
- Hardware – Basic Networking and WebVision network Understanding
- Hardware Labs
- Review of Day 1, Q&A, discussion and clarification
- Video image transmission – How does it all work?
- Advanced Webvision Applications
- WebVision Labs
- Troubleshooting: Hardware Section.
- Advanced Webvision Applications (cont)
- Review of Day 2, Q&A, discussion and clarification
- Advanced software operations cont. – Advanced labs, putting theory into practice.
- Web Inspection and Total-Vision review
- Troubleshooting: Software Section.
- Software self evaluation – Second chance
- Final discussion, Q&A
- Post course evaluation
- Optional Post Q&A
Other Training Options
In addition to our bi-annual training sessions in Vancouver, Papertech offers a variety of packages including onsite training, remote software support and updates, and extended service contracts. For contact us for more details.
Papertech Inc. Headquarters
245 Fell Avenue, Suite 108, North Vancouver, BC
Canada V7P 2K1
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
123 Carrie Cates Court, North Vancouver, BC
Canada V7M 3K7
$2,000 USD per person
($2,200 CAD, Euro €1500)
Travel & living expenses extra (attendee’s responsibility)
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
North Vancouver, BC
Please register by contacting Shannon Walters.
Please note: course fee must be paid in full prior to attendance.
Assistance with travel arrangements can be made through Arlene Prosser at Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Phone +1 604-697-4343 or Toll Free (within North America) 1-855-838-0974, Fax +1 604-688-5120
Please indicate you are attending the Papertech TotalVision™ Training Session
TotalVision Training in China
Papertech CEO Kari Hilden recently held a training course in China for local IBS personel. Since Papertech’s acquisition by IBS Paper Performance Group a year ago, our systems have been introduced into new markets with the assistance of IBS sales and service.