TotalVision Advanced Operator Training Postponed
Updated January 4, 2021
Due to the continuing global pandemic, our spring customer training session is on hold until further notice. Usually held in April, the training takes place over an entire week at Papertech’s head office in North Vancouver BC. We regret the inconvenience but recognize our responsibility to contribute to efforts to curb the spread of this illness. New dates will be posted when available.
The TotalVision Advanced Operator Training course is a hands-on, practical three-day course offered by Papertech. It is specifically designed to transfer expertise, competence and confidence into the hands of the customer designated training participants. To ensure this occurs, we use a combination of mini-lectures, group discussions, Q&A sessions and case studies; along with 14 labs ranging in duration from 20 minutes to two hours.
There is a format change being offered this fall for the first time. Web inspection has long been a part of the 3-day program, but it was felt that more time needed to be devoted to this subject, so now an extra day will be offered to cover web inspection. This optional one-day workshop can be added on to the 3-day operator training course, but is not available separately.
Purpose of the TotalVision™ Advanced Operator Training
The purpose of our training is to increase trainee competence and confidence in maximizing the operational effectiveness of WebVision. On completion of the program, participants will be able to maximize the performance of their mill’s TotalVision™ system, and through its ongoing use:
- Reduce the number of paper breaks
- Reduce the number of unidentified paper breaks
- Reduce the mill service costs associated with breaks
- Cameras, Lights and lenses: How they work and work together (Analog and Digital)
- Hands-on: Backfocus lab with engineers
- Software: Introduction
- Hands-on: Examine contents from cabinets, to cameras, lights and cables etc. with engineers
- Hardware: Basic Networking and TotalVision network understanding
- Hardware Lab
- Review of Day 1, Q&A, discussion and clarification
- Hardware: Mill inputs/outputs
- Software: Advanced TotalVision Application
- TotalVision lab
- Troubleshooting: Hardware Section.
- Software: Advanced TotalVision Applications (cont)
- Review of Day 2, Q&A, discussion and clarification
- Advanced software operations cont. – Advanced labs, putting theory into practice.
- TotalVision review
- Troubleshooting: Hardware and Software sections, common problems, etc.
- Final discussion, Q&A, (optional) examine hardware with engineers
Day 4 – Web Inspection(Optional)
Web inspection had long been a part of the 3-day program, but it was felt that more time needed to be devoted to this subject, so now an extra day will be offered to cover web inspection. This one-day workshop can be added on to the 3-day operator training course but is not available separately. It is also not required for completion of the Advanced Operator training course.
Other Training Options
In addition to our bi-annual sessions in Vancouver, Papertech offers a variety of packages including onsite training, remote software support and updates, and extended service contracts. For contact us for more details.
Papertech Inc. Headquarters
219 East 1st. Street, North Vancouver, BC
Canada V7L 1B4
TotalVision™ Advanced Operator Training Day 1-3 – $2000 USD
Web Inspection Day 4 – $500 USD
Travel & living expenses extra (attendee’s responsibility)
There are two hotels a short walk from Papertech’s office where the training sessions will be held. We have booked a block of rooms at the Seaside Hotel for the convenience of course participants, please contact the hotel directly to book a room and reference Papertech training. Another option is the Pinnacle Hotel, please contact them for rates and availability if preferred.
Please register by filling out and submitting our online registration form
If you have any other questions, please contact Shannon Walters.
Please note: course fee must be paid in full prior to attendance.
Assistance with travel arrangements can be made through Anna Berseneva at Corporate Traveller
Phone +1 604-973-0442 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate you are attending the Papertech TotalVision™ Training Session.