PulpInspector™ Dirt Count Measurement System
Papertech has recently introduced an online pulp dryer dirt count measurement camera system called PulpInspector, as an alternative to the labour intensive and inaccurate off-line manual measurement method currently used by many producers. PulpInspector’s high resolution cameras continuously analyze pulp quality for dirt, shives and any other non-desirable contaminants, such as metal. Other features include:
- software algorithms that result in all dirt PPM (parts per million) to be continuously measured multiple times per second, either in one section of the pulp sheet, or all the way across for a complete 100% sheet inspection. The inspection resolution is guaranteed to meet the TAPPI/ISO 0.2 x 0.2 = 0.04mm2 smallest dirt size requirement.
- Conforms to TAPPI/ISO pulp dirt count (see https://ipstesting.com/find-a-test/tappi-test-methods/tappi-t-563-visible-dirt/) , or pulp dirt analysis, a standard that has been used for off-line manual measurement for years to quality grade pulp. This results in a continuously reported PPM count that will closely match the manual batch method, but is more consistent and fully automated. Any dirt count changes are immediately detected and alarmed, providing operators with the tools they need to produce high quality pulp that is free of defects.
- PulpInspector is easily installed on any pulp dryer, and can be used on a range of pulp brightness. The user-friendly interface allows operators to continuously see the PPM dirt count, and to quickly review weeks of dirt count history and trends. PulpInspector can also be readily interfaced with various QCS/DCS systems, and to close loop control any final quality control of the bales.
The first automatic tissue log diameter measurement system. Acculog was developed in collaboration with Futura, a leading supplier of tissue converting machines, and SCA Hygiene, a leading supplier of tissue products to meet the needs of the “Away-From-Home” tissue market that requires very tight tolerances on certain wound products.
The AccuLog system measures the diameter of every log exiting the converting line to within +/- 1mm accuracy. Operators can now be immediately alarmed when log diameter tolerances are being exceeded and they can take action to adjust the converting line accordingly. Process interruptions and waste are therefore minimized, and possible customer complaints due to out-of-spec product are eliminated.
The AccuLog system will complement Papertech’s extensive suite of event capturing and quality measurement solutions for the tissue manufacturing and converting industry, including TotalVision web monitoring, WebInspector web inspection, ECT embossing quality testing, and a number of other industry tailored offerings
With Papertech’s AccuStop system, operators can now stop or slow down the winder only when needed, ensuring production time is optimized. AccuStop quality control stops the winder at critical defects to allow patching or removal of defects. AccuStop is designed to work with the VisiEye™ code reader and the Ryeco Edge Marking System.
Features & Benefits
- Accurately slows down or stops at critical holes to patch them to prevent breaks at off-machine coater, supercalender, or other converting process
- Universal interface to receive defect data from any major WIS, or MES, supplier
- Stores calibrated – CD&MD – customer roll map data for use in further processing
- Can also be used for sheeter or salvage winder
- Allows pre-selection of stop-on-defect classes and on-the-run defect selections
- Manually or automatically stop at any location whenever needed.
- Specifically designed to fully interface with industry leading Ryeco code marker and Vision Systems VisiEYE™code reader
For more information on how AccuStop works, please download the full Datasheet